Orange Creamsicle Cookies
(Photo and recipe from The-girl-who-ate-everything.com)
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (for me that was the zest of 2 oranges)
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and creamy. Beat in egg, vanilla and orange extract until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture until combined. Stir in orange zest and white chocolate chips. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Do not flatten cookies; it will make them dry. Bake 8 – 10 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Do not overcook! Cookies will be plump. Cool for several minutes on cookie sheets before transferring to rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.
Read more at https://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/creamsicle-cookies/#Qberg0qP1LcM8u2f.99